Nick Licata, Sue Peters, and Tim Harris support Garfield High School history teacher, Jesse Hagopian, for Seattle Education Association President. Click to read their statements of support.
The RESPECT ticket
We need courageous union leadership that listens to the members, represents the members, and respects the members. We need a union that will:
- invite us to be involved in a truly member-driven union;
- fight for a strong contract;
- fight for fair and meaningful student assessments;
- stand for fair and sustainable teacher evaluation;
- demand and fight for full funding of education;
- protect our right to teach culturally relevant curriculum;
- engage families and community;
- empower the union membership to be an active voice!
YOU are the union. We need your involvement. We need to hear you and work with you to build the school district Seattle’s students deserve. Let’s fight to do the work we became educators to do, and make an education system that allows us and empowers us to educate, unfettered by over-testing and unsustainable evaluation systems.
We are SEA. We are ready to stand up with respect.