Front Page Seattle Times Article on SEA election: “Politics plays role in teachers union vote for president” Read Jesse Hagopian’s response here.
Why RESPECT for leadership of the SEA? Watch the video.
Parent Activists Melissa Westbrook and Dora Taylor endorse the RESPECT Slate! Join both of them at the Elect Respect Community Brunch and Fundraiser this Sunday 5/4 at 1pm.
Nick Licata, Sue Peters, Teacher Tom, and Tim Harris support Garfield High School history teacher, Jesse Hagopian, for Seattle Education Association President. Click to read their statements of support.
The RESPECT ticket
We need courageous union leadership that listens to the members, represents the members, and respects the members. We need a union that will:
- invite us to be involved in a truly member-driven union;
- fight for a strong contract;
- fight for fair and meaningful student assessments;
- stand for fair and sustainable teacher evaluation;
- demand and fight for full funding of education;
- protect our right to teach culturally relevant curriculum;
- engage families and community;
- empower the union membership to be an active voice!
YOU are the union. We need your involvement. We need to hear you and work with you to build the school district Seattle’s students deserve. Let’s fight to do the work we became educators to do, and make an education system that allows us and empowers us to educate, unfettered by over-testing and unsustainable evaluation systems.
We are SEA. We are ready to stand up with respect.